Become a Medical Insurance Biller Today!
Tell Me More!
What does it involve?
Medical Insurance Billing involves coding systems that insurance agencies use to identify specific illnesses and injuries. Attention to detail is significant as you determine what a patient should be billed. Typing and organizational skills are needed to be successful.
- Medical terminology is needed because it includes anatomy and physiology, names of common diseases and technical terminology relating to medical insurance billing systems.
- Preparing, reviewing, and transmitting claims using billing software (including electronic and paper claim processing)
- Following up on unpaid claims within a standard billing cycle
- Researching and appealing denied claims
- Arranging patient payment plans and collection accounts
- Updating cash spreadsheets and running collection reports
- Medical Insurance billing specialist must be knowledgeable about various insurance plans and programs.
No worries, our Certified Instructors will assist you!
Upon completion of the program you'll be certified in the following:
Certified Billing and Coding Specialist (CBCS)
This certification can be issued by the National Healthcare Association (NHA), Medical Career Assessment (MedCA) or American Medical Certification Association (AMCA).
Real World Training
Get real world training from instructors with years of professional experience in the field. Plus, you'll be able to hone your skills in your voluntary internship.
Ideal School has a very affordable tuition and easy financing options which enable you to focus on what's important — your education.
Lifetime Job Placement Assistance
We will help you find a job for the rest of your life — with resume help, job searches, interview skills and more.
Is a Career in Medical Insurance and Billing for You?
If you’re interested in learning more about a career in Medical Insurance and Billing and exploring if Ideal School of Allied Health Care is right for you, fill out the form on this page to receive more information. We will assist with everything from career questions to financing options and help you on your career pathway.