Love Math and Health Care? Become a Pharmacy Technician!
Tell Me More!
- Measuring the amount of medication for prescriptions
- Packaging and labeling prescriptions
- Collecting information needed to fill prescriptions from customers/healthcare professionals
- Entering customer information into the database (including prescriptions that were already taken)
- Inventory management
- Operate automated dispensing equipment
- Preparing reports by collecting and summarizing information
Upon completion of the program you'll be certified in the following:
Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPhT)
This certification can be issued by the National Healthcare Association (NHA), Medical Career Assessment (MedCA) or American Medical Certification Association (AMCA).
Real World Training
Get real world training from instructors with years of professional experience in the field. Plus, you'll be able to hone your skills in your internship.
Something to Think About!
Employment opportunities for Pharmacy Technicians are expected to increase by 12 percent between 2016-2026. Why? There’s an increase in the demand for prescription medication which will lead to a higher demand for pharmaceutical services.
Lifetime Job Placement Assistance
We will help you find a job for the rest of your life — with resume help, job searches, interview skills and more.
Is a Career in Pharmacy Technician Right for You?
If you’re interested in learning more about a career in Pharmacy Technician and exploring if Ideal School of Allied Health Care is right for you, fill out the form on this page to receive more information. We will assist with everything from career questions to financing options and help you on your career pathway.